6 Ways To Fix Your Low Back Pain…
WITHOUT SURGERY OR PAIN KILLERS.
1. Avoid Sitting Cross Legged – your spine isn’t designed to twist or turn. And sitting in a cross-legged position is contributing to back pain because of that little known fact.
2. Sleep With A Pillow Between Your Knees – might be difficult at first, but if you can persist, it lowers the amount of rotation/ twisting happening at your spine. If you sleep on your side, try a pillow between your legs to keep your spine in a nice position and this will reduce tension at your lower back – meaning that you’re more likely to wake up on a morning in less pain and able to move more freely.
3. Avoid Sleeping On Your Stomach – There isn’t a faster way to self-inflicted damage to your spine/lower back than by sleeping on your stomach. Avoid this position at all costs.
4. Change Your Mattress Every 5 Years – I get asked “should I change my mattress” just about every day. But, it’s almost impossible to answer, as everyone has a different response to changing a mattress or the type they sleep on. But, what I can say is this: if you haven’t changed your mattress in the last five years, then it’s about time that you did as you’re unlikely to be getting the support for your lower back that you really would benefit from.
5. Stay Hydrated – this is a BIG Office worker mistake that could be zapping your energy and increasing lower backache. One really simple way to avoid this is to cut out the stuff that makes you dehydrated in the first place. Things like excessive coffee, tea, alcohol and energy drinks – you will be dehydrated if you drink too much of them and more likely to suffer from back pain.
6. Daily Lower Back Exercise Rituals – Yoga and Pilates. If you can get into the routine or good habit of doing simple stretches and strengthening of your lower back muscles, you will benefit right through your 50’s, 60’s and beyond.
…Now, what I can’t ever promise you is that any or all of those things will work for you. I just know that if you and I got chatting and you asked me for some tips on ways which I know are capable of making a significant difference to bringing relief from back pain, I’d suggest all of those that you’ve just read.
And if you would like us to take a look at your lower back pain – and tell you more about your specific problems, then call my physiotherapy clinic and ask for a 100% FREE DISCOVERY visit where we can take a look at your lower back and explain to you what’s going on, and what should be done to fix it.
-Mike Pennington MSPT
Turning Point Physical Therapy | 541.535.2551 | turningpointpt.com
Latest posts by Mike Pennington (see all)
- Do you have a gmail account?Would you be willing to write us a google review - January 22, 2019
- California Camp Fire hits close to employee at Turning Point Physical Therapy! - January 22, 2019
- Raffle Prize February 2019 - January 22, 2019