Serving size 3oz. chicken, ½ cup salsa
Protein 21g per serving
Fiber 9g per serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 2 tsp. salt-free steak seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 slice pineapple, each 1/2 inch thick, patted dry
- 1 tsp. canola or corn oil
- 1 cup whole strawberries (diced)
- 3-4 Tbsp. chopped, fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium lemon
- Preheat the grill on medium high. Brush a grill pan or grill rack with the oil. Heat the grill pan or rack on the grill for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Grill the pineapple for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly, about 2 minutes, before chopping
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the remaining salsa ingredients except the lemon. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest, reserving the lemon. Stir the zest and chopped pineapple into the strawberry mixture. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning blend and salt. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer to plates. Squeeze the reserved lemon over the chicken. Serve with the salsa on the side.
Do you want YOUR recipe in the next newsletter issue? Drop off a copy of your favorite recipe at the front desk or send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe your recipe will be featured in the newsletter.
Latest posts by Mike Pennington (see all)
- Muscle Spotlight August 2019 – Gluteus Maximus - August 2, 2019
- How To Manage Stress - August 2, 2019
- Recipe of the Month August 2019 – Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Pineapple Salsa - August 1, 2019