Raspberry Lemon Bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf pan
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour zest from one lemon
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup + 1/3 cup sugar, divided optional: powdered sugar
1 egg for dusting
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and maple syrup together.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper so all sides are covered.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a blender (or food processor) combine the egg, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest and raspberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust after baking and return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving. Store in the fridge.
Do you want YOUR recipe in the next newsletter issue? Drop off a copy of your favorite recipe at the front desk or send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe your recipe will be featured in the newsletter.
Latest posts by Mike Pennington (see all)
- Muscle Spotlight August 2019 – Gluteus Maximus - August 2, 2019
- How To Manage Stress - August 2, 2019
- Recipe of the Month August 2019 – Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Pineapple Salsa - August 1, 2019