November is Sweet Potato Month
Sweet Potato Burritos – Submitted by Carolyn H.
3 Medium sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
8 oz chorizo
½ onion, chopped
¼ cup chopped bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz can pinto beans
½ cup stock or water
1 teaspoon chipotle
Dash of Siracha
1 teaspoon chile powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
4 oz cheddar cheese
6 Large tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium-high heat. Remove chorizo and most of the fat.
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat. Add the beans and liquid and seasonings. Slightly mash the beans. Add the reserved chorizo and stir well.
- Divide the sweet potatoes and the beans among the warmed flour tortillas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Wrap burrito style. (At this point they may be stored in the freezer)
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or just until heated through.
- Serve with cilantro, chopped green onions, salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
- If heating from freezer, heat covered in a 350 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Do you want YOUR recipe featured in the next newsletter? Submit it
Do you want YOUR recipe in the next newsletter issue? Drop off a copy of your favorite recipe at the front desk or send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe your recipe will be featured in the newsletter.