In Honor of National Mushroom Month
4 Slices of Bacon—Chopped
10 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Large Onion—Chopped
12 oz Fresh Spinach
¾ cup Half and Half
1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Teaspoon Dill—Chopped
1 Package Puff Pastry—Thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon, and cook until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all moisture is evaporated.
- Add reserved bacon and spinach. Cook until spinach is just wilted.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat. Add half and half. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add swiss cheese, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Place one sheet of the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the filling in the center of the pastry and brush the edges with the beaten egg. Cover with the second sheet of puff pastry. Seal the edges. Prick the top sheet with a fork and brush with the beaten egg.
Bake for 40 minutes. Cool and cut into wedges.
Do you want YOUR recipe in the next newsletter issue? Drop off a copy of your favorite recipe at the front desk or send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe your recipe will be featured in the newsletter.